Friday, August 22, 2008

Gaining an identity

There really is a little person in there! About a year after telling my sister Mandy that the 4D ultrasound she had on her daughter Vivian looked creepy, Shelly and I decided we needed to have a little peek at our son this week. And boy was it worth it. Even though some of the video looked distorted because of the amniotic fluids the creep factor quickly subsided and it was awesome to see our little boy. Nothing will compare to actually holding him in a few weeks but it was great to catch a glimpse. Shelly had a normal ultrasound on Tuesday and all looked great. At 29 weeks, he's measuring 2 weeks ahead on most readings right now. He weighs 2 pounds, 13 ounces and his head measured ahead of schedule. Shelly's belly reading was 31. I'm not sure what that 31 reading is called but something where the ultrasound lady measures from her belly button to her nether region. Apparently, the number should line up with the number of weeks pregnant. So as of now, he's a big baby but we're told it could all even out. Either way, Shelly is really feeling pregnant right now. She looks very cute though, as many of you know who have seen her lately.

Anyway, we were told all the conditions were good if we decided to have the 3D/4D ultrasound. I called a place down on the Plaza and we were able to get in a couple of hours later. So we have a 30 minute DVD of the entire ultrasound as well as about 75 digital and hard copy pictures. Pretty neat. Check out this video:

By the way, are you still impressed moments later that I used the phase "amniotic fluids" in a sentence and I'm pretty sure it was used accurately? That's right, I've been readin' my books boys and girls. Enjoy the pics and short video. And bear with me on the video, it's a video of a video (me recording my computer screen with my camera for a bit while the DVD played). You'll notice his left eye looks like it has a dark ring around it like Petey from The Little Rascals. Not to worry as this was just a shadow on these particular pictures. And just in case you don't remember The Little Rascals or know what Petey looks like, here's a pic. Mike
Kansas City, MO

No comments: