Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our first "house" guests

Last weekend we enjoyed hosting Mandy and Matt, my little sister and brother-in-law from Oklahoma City. It was a busy weekend of seeing the major sights in DC and I think we're all a little sore from all the walking. Fortunately, the weather was very nice here.Her good friend Jayna lives here so we all had a great time jaunting around DC and the surrounding areas. Jayna has lived here for a couple of years so she and husband Matt have the inside scoop on cool places off the beaten path. And of course little Anderson loves hamming it up for girls so he was always smiling.

Here he is inside the Capitol rotunda on the tour, proudly holding his CVC (Capitol Visitors Center) pass. He's like, "Who cares if the economic crisis is being debated down the hall from me. I just crapped my pants in the most powerful building in the world!"I'm sure he was the youngest person in the Capitol that day.

On Sunday, Anderson decided he wanted to dress up as a cow for church. Okay, he isn't quite old enough to pick out his own clothes so we'll blame Shelly instead. He received it as a shower gift last fall and since it is now part of the clothes that fit him, it was just too darn cute not to let him wear it out.Yes, that's a little pouch in the front with a baby cow inside. And of course it wasn't tied down so my main job that day was to pick it up off the floor a couple of hundred times.
And in case you didn't notice, he even had a little tail.The way I see it is if Jesus Christ can wear a robe a sandals to preach the Gospel then a 4-month old baby can wear a cow suit to church. Can I get an "Amen" out there?

It's always nice to see familiar faces when you're away from home. And we all had a great time. We now look forward to my mom and dad visiting at the end of next week!

Mike
Springfield, VA

No comments: