Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In the meantime...



Whew! After a 1,000 mile jaunt over a week to visit our families in western Kansas then northeast Oklahoma, we made it back to Kansas City Monday evening. Now I'm at Fort Riley for a night before driving back to KC on Wednesday. Just to explain, on every Army post in the world an officer is on duty all night to handle any issues that may come up for that installation. Well, here at beautiful Fort Riley that person is me tonight as it was my turn. An officer usually pulls this duty about once a year or so. But I'll be back home tomorrow continuing my vacation with Shelly and Anderson.

We took some great pictures while we were gone but I don't have any on this computer right now. So in the meantime, above are two pictures Shelly sent me that were taken today when she was visiting friends in KC.

More pictures and information about our Christmas when I get to KC tomorrow (and after I get some sleep as it's now 4:40 AM).

Mike
Fort Riley, KS

No comments: