Saturday, January 24, 2009

Right place at the right time

Guess it was our lucky day today. We went back into DC this morning and look who we ran into at the White House.

And look who else was still lurking around.

I just couldn't resist giving Bush his due respect on his way out.

And if that wasn't a big enough day already, we ran into Johnny Depp and Miley Cyrus.


Katie Couric finally caught up with me and wanted to know my thoughts on the economic crisis, politics, and if I would go out with her if I wasn't married.

I gave her a little glimpse of what that would be like.

Okay, you've probably figured out we enjoyed some time at the wax museum today. Went to Madame Tussaud's, about 3 blocks from the White House. We hadn't been to one of these in years but as you can see we had lots of fun.

If you don't already know, Shelly doesn't care much for Angelina Jolie.

"Sorry George, I'm flattered but I am a married woman".

"Get up Julia, I've been walking around DC all day and need to sit down."

"You may be tough now, Evander Holyfield, but I'll take you one day".

"Hey Julia, how about I sit on your lap?"

"Let's make this press conference short. I just pooped my pants".

"I just had to lean down and see how cute you are!"

"Oprah, stop eye balling that donut and take a quick picture with me."

"Excuse me President Lincoln, I know you're enjoying the play here at the Ford Theater. But I saw a guy with a pistol over there talking about shooting you."

"I think they did a pretty good job chiseling my face into Mount Rushmore".

"Katie, you look like you're choking. Allow me to give you the Heimlich maneuver."

Quite a fun day indeed.

Mike
Springfield, VA

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That was hilarious, I especially like the Abe Lincoln one and the one where Shelly is hating on Angelina! So much fun!

Jayspee27 said...

So fun! We've been meaning to go to that museum. It's fairly new... Where are you off to next? Superbowl plans?