Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Enjoying the park and standing

Shelly and I always enjoy finding a Saturday morning breakfast place. In Kansas City, it was Einstein Brothers Bagels. Well, in Manhattan we found a neat place downtown that serves a great breakfast. Last weekend after we ate we took Anderson to the park nearby. Here he is enjoying the baby swing.On the slide, I thought he might want to slide down with a little bit of my assistance. But the death grip he had with his right hand said otherwise.He eventually let loose and decided to give it a try by inching down a little bit at a time.But in the end it was just easier to just slide down together. And I must admit, I kinda wanted to slide down anyway, with or without him.I've been in Virginia since Sunday so I haven't been able to see this for myself but Shelly says the boy is now standing up. As you recall, he began crawling all around the house about 10 days ago. Shelly took these with her blackberry so not quite as clear but not bad.Shelly says each time he stands he squeals and starts laughing as if he is so proud of himself.Amazing how quickly he's changing these days. We really have to keep a close eye on the boy in the house now. Now, instead of us walking into his bedroom in the morning and seeing him lying down playing in his bed he's now standing up in bed as if he's looking at his watch like we're late or something.

And here's his new cool hat Shelly got for him for summer. Shelly and he and sometimes Daphne take walks in our neighborhood each day.Looking forward to flying back home tomorrow!

Mike
Chesapeake, VA

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Michael, you will be amazed when you get home tomorrow and see how much he truly has changed! He is a monkey now! Into everything and will NOT sit anywhere! Only wants to stand and pull up everywhere! He's a changed boy... that's for sure! Misses his Daddy something awful... hurry home to us.

Jayspee27 said...

He is SO FUNNY! He seems to love that swing! I can't believe he is standing already! He'll be driving by July 4th!

Shelly said...

I'm telling you just since Sunday it feels as if someone took my sweet little baby boy and dropped off a monkey full of Red Bull at my house! He's completely different! I'm just in shock!