Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Only have a few minutes but wanted to get some pics on from our Father's Day weekend with Shelly's parents in Wakeeney. We made the short 180 mile drive last Saturday morning and got there for a nice lunch. Relaxed and talked in the afternoon then took Shelly's dad out for a Father's Day dinner. Here are some pics with Grandpa and Grandma Deutscher.We also went to the nursing home and visited Great Grandma Hillman.This is us before church Father's Day morning. Shelly and Anderson got me some grill accessories for the grill on the boat, some shoes, and a couple of nice framed pictures of them to put in my office. It was a great first Father's Day for me!Here, the boy shows off his two teeth. We think he may be getting another one on top now.And the result of having two teeth is he gets to make a big huge mess each day eating crackers.Gone are the days we could give him a bath every other day. He's into so much stuff now he just gets too dirty during the day. So my task each night at 6:30 is to plop him into the tub. Then he gets handed off to Shelly who has drying duties while I go dry myself off from all the splashing he just did. In this picture, he's looking at himself in the mirror.I see him every day and looking at these pictures really reminds me of how big he's getting. So I'm sure he looks like he's changed a lot for those of you who haven't seen him in a while. 8 months old tomorrow!
Mike
Fort Riley, KS

No comments: