Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day trip to Baltimore

Saturday morning we all drove to Baltimore to visit the aquarium and the beautiful Baltimore Inner Harbor. Baltimore is about 40 miles north of DC by the way so a nice short little day trip.

Anderson was much more alert and interested in all the sights there than we thought he'd be. Here he is mesmerized by all the bubbles.

And these freaky looking fish skulls caught his attention.

We couldn't take the stroller inside the aquarium so we had to check it in exchange for this child carrier thingie (we have one but didn't take it). It worked out well but I made a horrible error late in the day. I complained to Shelly that my back was hurting after carrying 15 extra pounds on my stomach all day. Shelly looked at me with both hands on her hips (you know the look) and said, "Yeah, try carrying 30 pounds for several months fool!" Oops. So I bought her some ice cream and she was fine.

We ate lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. And since we didn't have the car seat and he needed a nap, we used our jackets and a blanket to make him a make-shift bed in the booth. He looked a little like a bum under a bridge but it worked.

The dolphin show was our first stop there.


Even though there was a thick glass between us, seeing a shark that close was a little frightening. Nice teeth though. He must use Crest with tartar control.


And I could swear this guy was looking right at me.

This is from the 27th floor of the Baltimore World Trade Center.


After a quick snack of oysters and shrimp at this seaside restaurant it was time to head back to the hotel.

This is the one where I said, "Okay, make a funny face". Anderson did the bug eye look while Shelly chose her patented head tilt.

Mike
Springfield, VA

No comments: