Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rumbling along at 23 weeks

Yes, I know it's been like 2 weeks since I've posted. It's not like I've been that busy. I haven't been on a plane in 3 weeks and I think that's a record for me over the past 4 years. I guess I could use the excuse that I've been trying to make the most of actually being home and Shelly and I have been able to spend some fun times together.

We got back from Alaska 3 weeks ago and I haven't been too busy at work since then. So at home we've seen plenty of movies, have taken Daphne on lots of walks, we've attended a few Royals games, and have continued to keep the house looking nice since it's still on the market.

Shelly will be 23 weeks this Friday. In guy terms, that's just under 6 months. On June 30th, while driving down to Lake of the Ozarks, Shelly felt the baby move for the first time. Since then, she's been having rumblings in her belly pretty regularly. Usually when I have rumblings in my gut, it means a "Code Brown" is imminent and I must find a bathroom pretty quickly. But apparently, these movements feel different. Of course every time Shelly puts my hand there, he stops moving. It's like the little fella is playing tricks on me already. But all is well. She had a Level 2 ultrasound yesterday and everything is perfect. He weighs 19 ounces, a gain of 8 ounces over the past 2 weeks.

Having some problems posting pics today so I'll try again tomorrow. We've spent time at the lake with our friends, Bill and Jackie. We went to Oklahoma for the 4th where we met my parents' new llama and played our annual whiffle ball game. I have pics of all those as well as the Level 2 ultrasound I'll post as soon as it works again.

Heading to see Poison, Dokken, and Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) tonight. For those who thought Shelly wasn't showing much at the beginning, she most certainly is now. So fitting into those black leather pants tonight is absolutely out of the question. But I asked her anyway.

Mike
Kansas City, MO

No comments: