Monday, October 27, 2008

Anderson Cash Essary


Just a quick note to announce the arrival of Anderson Cash Essary. Our son was born Sunday, October 26th at 1:27 PM (halftime of the Chiefs/Jets game). He weighed 6 lbs, 10 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long.

Shelly was in labor for 12 hours before the doctor determined she wasn't dilated enough (she made it to a 9 but no further). So she had a c-section. More later but it was an amazing experience for us. Shelly and baby are doing great. We will be in the hospital until Wednesday morning. Our families all arrived within 30 minutes of each other from Oklahoma and western Kansas, at a perfect time as he was being born as they arrived.


7 comments:

Eli Harris said...

I just wanted to say congrats. I stumbled upon your blog quite awhile ago and since we had just moved to KC and had just found out we were pregant with our fourth, I continued to read. Im so excited for you and your wife and the new babe!! Again, Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

I also wanted to say congrats. I too stumbled on your blog back in April. You are hilarious and your views on the pregnancy were a hoot!

I'm glad your little man arrived safely! Congrats to you and your beautiful wife.

By the way, love the name!

Anonymous said...

He is AWESOME!!! I love him already.
Aunt Marcy

Larry and Kim Parr said...

Oh my, he is precious! I am sad that we are out of town but we are so thankful that Mommy and baby are doing well. You are going to be wonderful parents and we look forward to sharing ACE with you. Plus, I have to teach him all my southern words and ways so that he will be well rounded. See y'all soon.
Love,
Uncle Larry and Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

I need an update! And more pics!

Anonymous said...

What a great looking son. I was thinking ACE when I saw his full name, and Larry and Kim confirmed it. Very fitting.

Congratulations

Jeff and Peggie

Mike said...

Thank you all for the comments. And I'm flattered at those who follow the blog after stumbling across it. I plan to track your blogs as well if that's okay. Thanks again!
Mike