Sunday, October 26, 2008

He's coming today!!

It's 3:08 AM and we're at the hospital. I woke up abruptly at 1:11 AM to the sound of Shelly calling my name. Still in a fog, I heard her tell me her water had just broken. After confirming that Shelly hadn't just peed the bed, we rushed around and got some things together and came to the hospital (about a mile from our house).

So we're here now and she has started some contractions but not into active labor yet. The nurse is beginning to administer oxytocin to help facilitate labor. We haven't called anyone yet so unless someone is up at 3AM we're the only ones who know. We decided to wait a couple of hours to call our families so they can get a little more rest. Actually, Shelly called David Douglass so he can come over in the morning and get Daphne.

Shelly is doing just fine so far. I'm online right now because she wanted to make sure her fantasy football lineup was set for today.

Anyway, so far so good. More later and will add some pics.

Mike
Kansas City, MO
St. Luke's Northland Hospital

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I went by about 2 a.m. to pick up Daphne, I was impressed that the bed was made! I could imagine Shelly either making it or barking out order to make it while hobbling around. Especially since there was going to be a showing later in the day.