Friday, October 10, 2008

Coming soon


Shelly's shirt seems to sum it up. Go ahead and say that three times in a row. This shirt was a hit last night at a birthday party we attended. Although I'd say she hasn't really been cranky. She's been very good throughout this process in fact. And if there has been a hint of crankiness that is my cue to take Daphne outside for a pee and poop. Usually, she does the pooping and I take care of the other, in the dark of course. Hey, you can take the boy out of the country but it's hard to take the country out of the boy.

The last scheduled ultrasound was Wednesday and she is 36 weeks today. He weighed 6 pounds even and everything measured normal. He is positioned with his head down on the bottom right and his feet are crossed and on the top right, making a "C" shape as you're looking at Shelly. And his hands were both near his face. Heck, this is hard to explain. Here's a hasty picture I just drew to better explain myself:

And yes, I am available to draw your family portraits for a small fee.

The doctor did not try and guess whether she will deliver early, late, or on time. You know how doctors are. So the due date is still November 7th. But Shelly is dilated at a 1, whatever that means. Guess I'd better refer to my book from the childbirth training day to remember what that is. But as I recall, when you are at a 10 is when the baby drops out and starts running around naked and slimy. And I realize I'm probably the only person reading this who doesn't understand those numbers. But I'm learnin'.

This is a 4-day holiday weekend for me so I guess I'd better start whittling down that "honey do" list.

Mike
Kansas City, MO

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Aw, he looks just like you!

Jayspee27 said...

I just laughed out loud!!