Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Extended hospital stay

Today, Anderson started kindergarten. Okay, not really, I know it's been a few days since I blogged but you know how it is. Here are some updates.

Well, he and Shelly are still in the hospital and are due for release tomorrow. Anderson has a little jaundice going so he's been under the blue light since yesterday afternoon. So the doc decided they should stay in the hospital an additional day. This is him after we told him he'd be in the dreaded blue bag for a while.

But as you can see below he got very comfortable in there. His routine now since we can't really hold him much is to eat, sleep, and poop. And many of you know those are three of my favorite things to do also.


Yeah, I know I should be supporting his head a little more. But hey, I'm still learnin'!

I went to work today for a little bit so I figured we should kinda match today. But we've realized he's a little cold natured. He had this camouflage t-shirt (I suppose it's called a onesy or 1zee or onesie or wunsy or something like that). If anyone knows how to spell that please let me know. Anyway, this left his arms and legs completely exposed so he was shivering a little bit here. Either that, or I forgot to put deodorant on my left underarm.

Anyway, I just stopped by the house to do some of my husbandly and fatherly duties like laundry and general house upkeep. Heading back to the hospital now but I'll try to blog from there later. Shelly and I are having date night there tonight. I plan to walk across the street from the hospital to Blockbuster and rent a movie to watch in the room tonight.

On a serious note, Shelly and Anderson and doing great and we're all looking forward to getting home. Anderson has eaten very well all day today and we expect the jaundice to go away in a couple of days. Shelly has been a little sore and swollen but has been getting around better today. We sincerely appreciate the visits, gifts, flowers, phone calls, messages, blog posts, thoughts, and prayers. It has meant so much to have so many dear friends involved. More later.

Mike
Kansas City, MO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is spelled onesie.

I can't believe how much he's already changed!!! He looked SO comfy in the blue suit, like a tiny little smurf. Give him some snuggles from Aunt Mar.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your precious baby boy! I recently came across your blog and recognized Daphne in the photos. I am a co-worker of DD and Daphne would visit the office from time to time. I think you make a beautiful family. Welcome to the world, Anderson Cash Essary!

Anonymous said...

He is so precious!! I can't wait to get my hands on him. Give him a kiss from Aunt Sonya. Hope to see you all soon and hope Shelly is feeling better soon! Love you all.

Mandy said...

He looks so cute in the camo onesie that I got him! He likes me the best.