Friday, November 14, 2008

First time out without him


Last Sunday evening, Shelly and I ventured out on our own for the first time without Anderson with us. Many of you know my favorite band is the Eagles. And you may recall we flew out to Boston back in July to see them before we knew that were coming to Kansas City. Well, since Shelly's due date was November 7th and the Eagles were coming to town on the 9th I figured it would be impossible to go.

Lo and behold, the little fellow came a couple weeks early so it became a possibility. Our good friends John and Cari Beth were at the house last week when I was talking about it. Cari Beth volunteered to keep Anderson and said we should go. I figured it was a kind gesture but said we'd just stay home with him. But she kept asking through the week and even on Sunday afternoon. So we made the decision to go. I made a mad dash down to the Sprint Center to get tickets and they had just released some good ones. I bought two at face value on the floor 15 rows in front of the stage.


So it all worked out. And of course Shelly and Cari Beth were exchanging text messages and Blackberry pics throughout the evening. And it's not like we know more about keeping a baby than Cari Beth. She has a beautiful 15-month old daughter, Ava (pictured below from their hospital visit). Thank you Cari Beth! We owe ya.

The concert was awesome! Those guys just keep getting better. Shelly chose not to go with the leather pants but she looked really cute in her dress and suede boots.

She said this was her "push present" to me, like I need a present for my role. We're going to pick her present up tomorrow or maybe this afternoon. I'll post a picture of it, it's really cool.

Mike
Kansas City, MO

No comments: