Monday, November 10, 2008

Good chili weather for the entire family


Anderson and I had chili today. I had chili for lunch and he had what looked like chili in his diaper. So the picture above is cute and all and looks like he's smiling. But I've realized this is the look he has when he's crapping his drawers.

This is a 4-day weekend for me for Veteran's Day and we've all enjoyed our time so far. The picture below is me combing Anderson's hair before church yesterday morning. He likes it combed parted on the left and combed to the right.

One thing we've learned when preparing to go somewhere with a timeline is we need to add about 30 minutes to take into account unexpected pees, poops, pukes, and changes of clothes. We thought we had a good plan yesterday morning but in the end we were scrambling around the house in a rush to leave on time. The result was (and you may notice this in the picture) I committed a big fashion faux pas by wearing dress pants with no belt. So I figured I'd point that out before one of my sisters do. But hey, once I arrived at church and realized it I just untucked my shirt a little to cover it up. Worked like a charm.

We then went to lunch with our friends Larry and Kim Parr and also Terry Elmore. After some pizza we all headed back to the house where we were met by our friends Jeff Hoffman and Trey and Carrie Sebus. We all attempted a photo shoot by lying a black blanket in the floor while three of us took pictures. Anderson fought it for a while before just giving up and laying there. The look he has below pretty much sums it up. Looks like he's already mastered the evil eye.

I'll add this picture below to show how lanky he seems. Born just under 20 inches I'm not exactly sure how long he is now but some of the clothes that didn't fit two weeks ago now fit well. Check out those long skinny legs.

More later. I want to tell you about our first outing last night leaving Anderson with a babysitter, one of Shelly's good friends.

Mike
Kansas City, MO

No comments: