Thursday, November 6, 2008

Free Willy


One week after coming home from the hospital, I think we’re pretty much on a routine now. Eat, sleep, poop, repeat. And that pretty much goes for all three of us, four counting Daphne.

Anderson lost his circumcision ring a couple of days ago (as he was supposed to at this point). What does have to do with anything you ask? Well, that means the likelihood of Shelly or me getting peed on has increased by about 80%. The first day without it weighing his wiener down he decided to try it out while I was changing him. At first the stream hit the wall behind him in full force. As it subsided a bit it then began hitting him directly on the forehead, prompting him to cry. It subsided a bit more as he cried with his mouth wide open. And I think you can imagine where it landed that time. Let’s just say milk wasn’t the only smell on his breath for a while.

Shelly is still hanging in there with the breastfeeding thing. But since she isn’t producing enough milk yet we’re supplementing him with Similac. Between breast milk and formula in the fridge I really have to watch what I pour into my Cocoa Krispies.

Anderson is non-discriminative when it comes to breast feeding. Sometimes he tries Shelly as he is supposed to but sometimes it’s me. While holding him, I often feel him rooting around on my chest like he’s looking for a quick drink. So between him trying to breastfeed off of me and Daphne trying to hump my leg I feel violated at least once a day now.

Anyway, I know you enjoy pictures now more than hearing me babble. So here are a few.

This picture was taken today after I got home from work. I was holding Anderson when Daphne walked across my lap and decided to join him for a little nap.

Shelly's mom and dad stayed with us for a couple of days this week and were a big help. Here's one of grandpa and grandson.

Bath time. The boy had some sheer terror looks there before he realized he enjoyed it.





Goodnight for now.

Mike
Kansas City, MO

No comments: