Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Top Google searches so far

I'm just not sure how parents raised children before the internet was invented. When Shelly tells her mom about a baby raising tip or some advice she read on the internet her mom says sarcastically, "Well my gosh, it's a wonder we were able to raise kids back then". But truly, Google has prevented multiple calls to the pediatrician the past 2 weeks.

So here are the top 10 Google searches I've made in the past 2 weeks. I plan to update this on occasion but here's what I've asked so far:

1. Do babies have kneecaps?
2. Is it harmful for a dog to eat baby poop?
3. Why do we use the phrase “sleep like a baby” when babies wake up every 3 hours?
4. Is it normal to go through 17 diapers in one day?
5. What is the best way to keep my newborn son from peeing on me?
6. When does a baby’s poop begin to stink?
7. Why are there no tears when my baby cries?
8. When can my baby sleep through the night without being fed?
9. Why does my baby choose to sleep all day then play and cry during the night?
10. Does Sam’s Club sell wet wipes in bulk packages?

Any of these sound familiar to ya'll when you had your first child?

And I'll add one more since I've had a bit of a stomach virus this week.

11. Is it okay for adults to use Boudreaux's Butt Paste?

Mike
Kansas City, MO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. yes
2.Nope - not much different than cow poop! Just don't take any doggy kisses after wards.
3. sleep like a baby - that's just an old wives tale passed down so the young moms will have babies.
4. You actually counted!
5. Can't believe you still leave him uncovered. Mom's only make that mistake once!
6. Once he starts eating "food" look out - try the chili on him!
7. don't worry - the crocodile tears will come - and then you'll follow suit.
8. When he does sleep all night - you'll wake up wondering what's wrong with him and wake him up!!
9. Are you talking about Shelly staying up all night playing and crying? I thought she would have grown up by now.
10.yes big jumbo
11.Noooo - I didn't need to picture that!

All in all - you're doing great! not sure how your son is putting up with you, but guess he might as well get used to a life of laughs. Can't wait to meet him. See you at Christmas!