Friday, April 4, 2008

Guy vs. girl reactions

Okay, so one thing I’ve noticed in the past few weeks is how differently my guy friends react to the news versus how Shelly’s girl friends react. Here are some of what I’ve observed so far:

WOMEN

Oh my gosh…

…that’s so wonderful for you guys!
…such fantastic news!
…I have some maternity clothes you could certainly use!
…you’ll have such cute little children!
…so have you thought of colors for your nursery?
…I can hardly wait for your baby shower!
…I’m so excited and I wish you all the best!
…do you have names picked out yet?
…are you going to have more?

MEN

Dude…

…so does this mean you can’t go to the Royals home opener?
…don’t even think about cancelling the monthly cigar event!
…are you going to find out who the father is?
…looks like it’s time to start shopping for a mini-van!
…I think my cousin would sell his 1985 Chevy Astro!
…how much do you want for your Bret Michaels and Bon Jovi tickets?
…just remember you now have to hand out two cigars!
…please tell me you are still coming to Vegas for the fantasy football draft!
…what are you going to do if
she goes into labor during the Oklahoma vs. Texas game?

I'll update this list as more reactions are collected. Heading to Asia tomorrow. Chat with ya'll from the other side of the pond.

Mike

Kansas City, MO

3 comments:

Larry and Kim Parr said...

Mike, Love the idea of the blog. We are looking forward to being Uncle Larry and Aunt Kim when we all get to Ft. Riley. Also, looking forward to hearing Mike’s take on the pregnancy. We knew you were going off to advance military schooling but had no idea you were taking “Twins 101” Should be interesting and VERY entertaining.
L&K

Anonymous said...

How 'bout reactions from your friends that are girls or Shelly's friends that are guys? Hmmm?

Your recap of how you learned about the twins made me laugh pretty hard. Shelly called me and I fully thought she was just pulling my leg. Still do. I'll believe it when I see them. :)

David

Anonymous said...

For the record ... when Shelly told me she was pregnant I said, "Well ... I'm not surprised. Didn't you tell me that you all wanted to?" And when she told me about twins, my reaction was "You let him score twice on one night, didn't you?" - David